PROTECT (Stem Cell Transplantation)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Fill out questionnaires about your mood, quality of life, and symptoms
- Be randomly assigned (like a coin flip) to 1 of 2 groups
-- One group will receive standard transplant oncology care
-- The other group will receive standard transplant oncology care with early palliative care
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults ages 18+ who:
- Are diagnosed with a blood cancer
- Will be hospitalized to receive a stem cell transplant
- Can read and speak English or Spanish
For more information about who can join this study, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out if it is better to introduce patients undergoing stem cell transplantation to their palliative care team early. This team specializes in symptoms management and can improve the physical and psychological symptoms that patients and their families experience during hospitalization for stem cell transplantation.