What is the Purpose of this Study?
Be randomly assigned (like the flip of a coin) to one of the two groups:
- Patients in Group 1 will get radiation plus a study drug called pembrolizumab by IV every 3 weeks for 3 cycles before surgery. After surgery, you could get up to 14 more cycles of pembrolizumab (up to one year after the start of treatment)
- Patients in Group 2 will get radiation therapy and surgery alone (this is the standard of care for sarcoma)
Who Can Participate in this Study?
- Have a diagnosis of soft tissue sarcoma of the arms or legs
- Have not had prior chemotherapy, targeted small molecule therapy, or radiation therapy for their current sarcoma
- Have not had radiation therapy (more than 20 Gy) to the site of the current sarcoma.
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to learn whether combining pembrolizumab with radiation therapy and surgery can prevent the growth and spread of cancer to other parts of the body.