CONTACT-03: Cabozantinib +/- Atezolizumab for locally advanced or metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Take (cabozantinib) pills three times per day
- Be assigned to one of two groups:
- One group will get a drug called atezolizumab (which is given through a needle in a vein in your arm) every three weeks
- The other group will not receive atezolizumab
- Have blood and urine tests
- Have a tumor biopsy taken (You may be able to send a piece of a tumor biopsy you have already had)
- Have imaging scans
- Complete questionnaires
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults who have:
- Locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma
- Already received an immunotherapy drug
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to learn how safe and effective taking two study drugs (called cabozantinib and atezolizumab) is compared to taking just cabozantinib alone.
We will compare how effective the study drug(s) are by taking images of your tumor every 9 weeks to see if it is growing, and we will compare how safe the study drug(s) are by seeing what side effects that people have while taking them.
The study will also learn more about how long the study drug(s) stay in your body and how your immune system responds to them.