The fall 2018 Precision Medicine World Conference (PMWC) (PMWC) — co-hosted by Duke University, Duke Health, Johns Hopkins University, University of Michigan, Stanford University, and the University of California at San Francisco — will be held at Duke, Sept. 24 and 25, at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club. The conference brings together the thought-leaders of business, government, healthcare-delivery, research and technology into one information-rich, two-day conference.
PMWC 2018 Duke, the 15th installment of the conference, will spotlight the explosion of biomedical technologies, driving initiatives that enable the translation of precision medicine into direct improvements in health care.
Speakers from Duke include Ebony Boulware, MD, MPH, Robert M. Califf,MD, MACC, Lawrence Carin, PhD, Cathleen Colon-Emeric, MD, MHS, Lawrence David, PhD, Charles Gersbach, PhD, Geoffrey Ginsburg, MD, PhD, Susanne Haga, PhD, Mary E. Klotman, MD, Michael Pencina, PhD, Vandana Shashi, MBBS, MD, Svati Shah, MD, PhD, and Ralph Snyderman, MD.
- Track 1 will showcase sessions on the latest advancements in precision medicine which include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Phenotyping
- Precision Public Health
- The Microbiome
- Rare Disease Diagnosis
- Digital Health/Health and Wellness
- Early Days of Life Sequencing
- Diversity in Precision Medicine
- AI and Machine Learning
- Gene Editing
- Large Scale Bio-data Resources to Support Drug Development (PPPs)
- Point-of Care Dx Platform
- FDA Efforts to Accelerate PM
- Implementation into Health Care Delivery
- Next Gen. Workforce of PM
- Robust Clinical Decision Support Tools
- Creating Clinical Value with Liquid Biopsy ctDNA, etc.
- Emerging Technologies In PM
- Track 2- PMWC 2018 Duke Showcase, will enable 15-minute company presentations on latest novel technologies. Apply to present here.
- A lineup of 100+ highly regarded speakers featuring pioneering researchers and authorities across the healthcare and biotechnology sectors – browse select PMWC 2018 SV recorded talks
- Luminary and Pioneer Awards, honoring individuals who contributed, and continue to contribute, to the field of Precision Medicine
- 500+ multidisciplinary attendees, from across the entire spectrum of healthcare, representing different types of companies, technologies, and medical centers with leadership roles in precision medicine