SNO Holds Brain Mets Conference (8.14.20)
The Society for Neuro-Oncology, in association with the AANS/CNS Section on Tumors, will host its "Second Annual Conference on Brain Metastases" as a virtual event this year. The event, to be held on Friday, Aug. 14 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time) features select abstract presentations and invited lectures from the originally scheduled live meeting.
Scientific Program Co-Chairs
- Priscilla Brastianos, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Paul Kongkham, MD, PhD, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network
- David Shultz, MD, PhD, Princess Margaret Cancer Center
- Rohan Ramakrishna, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine (AANS/CNS Section on Tumors Liaison)
A select number of oral abstracts will be presented live during the virtual event; the remainder will be featured as oral recordings or as electronic posters which can be accessed on-demand throughout the year.
Duke Cancer Institute medical oncologist Cary Anders, MD, and senior research associate Amanda Van Swearingen, PhD, both with the Duke Center for Brain & Spine Metastasis at DCI, are co-authors on two papers that will be presented orally during the event:
BrMPanel: A public resource of organotropic cell lines Cancer Research. July 8, 2020. Manuel Valiente, *Amanda E.D. Van Swearingen, Carey Anders, Amos Bairoch, Adrienne Boire, Paula Bos, Diana Cittelly, Neta Erez, Gino B. Ferraro, Dai Fukumura, Brunilde M. Gril, Meenhard Herlyn, Sheri L. Holmen, Rakesh K. Jain, Johanna A. Joyce, Mihaela Lorger, Joan Massagué, Josh Neman, Nicola Sibson, Patricia Steeg, Frits Thorsen, Leonie Young, , Damir Vareslija, Adina Vultur, Frances Weis-García, Frank Winkler.
*Amanda Van Swearingen, PhD, will present this paper
- Tucatinib vs placebo added to trastuzumab and capecitabine for patients with previously treated HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (MBC) with brain metastases (BM) (HER2CLIMB) Nancy Lin, Rashmi Murthy, Carey Anders, Virginia Borges, Sara Hurvitz, Sherene Loi, Vandana Abramson, Philippe Bedard, Mafalda Oliveira, Amelia Zelnack, Michael DiGiovanna, Thomas Bachelot, A. Jo Chien, Ruth O'Regan, Andrew Wardley, Volkmar Mueller, Lisa Carey, Suzanne McGoldrick, Xuebei An, Eric Winer.
In addition to the live event, there will also be electronic poster presentations and pre-recorded oral abstract presentations. This content will be made available on August 14, 2020 and will be accessible on demand through the SNO Education Center.
* There is no cost to register for the live virtual meeting or to access the additional online content.