Phase I/II Trial of Pre-Op IG-IMPT or IMRT with SIB for Retroperitoneal Sarcomas
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in this Study?
- Are diagnosed with primary soft tissue sarcoma of the retroperitoneum
- Have a life expectancy of greater than 2 years
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Undergo radiation therapy using IG-IMRT before surgery for the removal of your tumor.
- Receive a standard dose of radiation that will be given to the majority of the tumor and at the same time, a higher dose of radiation will be given to certain areas of the tumor identified as higher risks.
- Schedule your surgery following radiation therapy with your surgeon.
- Be involved in the study for about 6 months.