Tucatinib and Trastuzumab in Patients with HER2+ Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in this Study?
- Are diagnosed with metastatic colorectal cancer
- Have a positive test for HER2 overexpression or amplification
- Have not been treated with anti-HER2 therapy
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Get the study drugs tucatinib and trastuzumab
-- Tucatinib is given by mouth twice a day and trastuzumab is given into your arm the first day of every 21 days in the clinic at Duke
-- This cycle will be repeated until your cancer gets worse or you have bad side effects or you choose to stop the study for any reason.
- Have tests, exams and procedures that are part of your standard of care and for study purposes. Clinic visits will usually last 4-5 hours