ECOG-ACRIN EA4151 (Mantle Cell Lymphoma)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Have a CT (computed tomography) scan of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis
- Have a PET (positron emission tomography) scan
- Have a bone marrow aspirate and biopsy
Be randomized (put into one of four groups by chance like a flip of a coin) and receive either:
-- Group 1 - complete the initial chemotherapy and receive an autotransplant
-- Group 2 - complete the initial chemotherapy and NOT receive autotransplant
-- Groups 3 & 4 - complete initial chemotherapy and undergo high-dose chemotherapy and autotransplant, followed by three years of maintenance rituximab.
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults ages 18-70 who:
- Have mantle cell lymphoma confirmed by histology
- Have achieved a radiologic complete or partial remission
- Are not pregnant or nursing
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out whether an autotransplant improves survival in mantle cell lymphoma patients who have achieved an excellent (minimal residual disease-negative) first complete remission (CR).