PVSRIPO in Melanoma
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults with stage 3 or stage 4 melanoma who:
- Have been immunized against Polio virus
- Have failed other melanoma therapies
What is Involved?
If you join the study, you will:
- Get the Polio vaccine, PVSRIPO
-- Get 1, 2 or 3 injections depending on when you start in the study
- Have a physical exam and other tests
- Imaging scans (CT scans)
- Biopsy of the tumor on your skin (or just below the skin)
- Be on the study for 12 weeks to 18 weeks, followed by a period of follow-up observation for up to 2 years