Merck 3475 (Stomach and Esophagus Cancer)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
We also want to test to see if it is safe, how well the drug combination works, and how your body handles the study drug if you do not receive the placebo.
Who Can Participate in this Study?
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have confirmed diagnosis of previously untreated, locally advanced unresectable or metastatic HER2 positive gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study, you will:
- Be randomly assigned (like a flip of a coin) to get either pembrolizumab (study drug) or placebo which is an inactive pill (along with trastuzumab and standard of care chemotherapy)
-- These will be given through an IV on Day 1 of each 3 week cycle
-- Depending on the side effects you may experience will decide how many cycles of the study drug you will get
- Have a study visit once every 3 weeks
-- During your clinic visits, blood samples and other procedures will be performed
- Have tests, exams, and procedures that are part of your standard care and for study purposes