Exelixis (Thyroid Cancer)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
Who Can Participate in this Study?
- Adults with a diagnosis of differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)
- Getting thyroid suppression therapy
- Have been treated with (or cannot get) radioactive iodine before
- Have been treated with at least one VEGFR-targeting agent (such as Lenvatinib or Sorafenib) before
What is Involved?
If you choose to join this study you will:
- Come for a clinic visit every 2 weeks for 9 weeks, then once a month
- Be randomized (like drawing numbers out of a hat) to one of 2 groups:
-- Group 1 will get the study drug (Cabozantinib)
-- Group 2 will get a placebo (harmless
-You will have a 2 out of 3 chance of being in Group 1