STICk-IM NSCLC (Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Brain Metastases)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Be randomized (like flipping a coin) into Group 1 or Group 2:
-- Group 1 will go as follows:
--- Have stereotactic radiation therapy (SRS) right away in up to 5 doses
--- Receive immunotherapy later after the SRS
-- Group 2 will go as follows:
---- Receive immunotherapy right away
---- Receive SRS later, but only if your cancer progresses
All study participants will:
- Answer questionnaires
- Have neurocognitive tests
- Have blood draws
Your participation will last for about 1 year. You may be asked to come for one more visit between year 1 and year 2, but only if your cancer progresses.
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults ages 18 and older who:
- Have between 1-15 brain metastases
- Primary tumor origin is non-small cell lung cancer
- Plan to have immunotherapy
- Are able to have an MRI
- Have not received whole brain radiation therapy
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to find out if the timing of radiation and immunotherapy can improve outcomes.