A081801 (Lung Cancer)
What is the Purpose of this Study?
- Be randomly assigned (like a coin flip) to 1 of 3 treatment groups
-- One group will receive only chemotherapy for 3 months
-- Another group will receive chemotherapy for 3 months followed by immunotherapy for up to 1 year
-- A third group will receive chemotherapy and immunotherapy together for 3 months followed by immunotherapy for up to 10 months
- Get check-ups from your doctor every 3 months for the first 2 years after treatment
- Get check-ups from your doctor every 6 months for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th years after treatment
- Get a yearly check-up from your doctor for 5 more years once you hit the 5-year mark after treatment
Altogether, you will continue to see your doctor and study team for 10 years after treatment.
Who Can Participate in this Study?
Adults 18 and older who:
- Have lung cancer that has been removed while on Duke Cancer Study A151216
- Had their surgery between 33-77 days ago
- Are negative for the genetic markers EGRF and ALK
What is Involved?
We are doing this study to see if combining immunotherapy with chemotherapy is a better treatment than chemotherapy alone for NSCLC.