Duke Cancer Institute and "No Stomach for Cancer" are co-hosting a symposium "Spotlight on Stomach Cancer" from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 2, at the Trent Semans Great Hall, Duke University. The event is free-of-charge and open to patients, caregivers, *providers and the general public. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Spotlight topics include:
- stomach cancer trends and risk factors
- testing for and treatment of Helicobacter pylori
- stomach cancer screening and diagnosis
- genetic considerations
- diagnosis and management of resectable disease
- radiation treatment
- clinical trials
- a nurse's perspective on stomach cancer
- a patient's perspective on stomach cancer
- information for caregivers
- nutrition after gastrectomy
- survivorship care
*There will be CME credits offered.